Micromax Unite 2 fix Invalid or Null IMEI Without PC (Root Needed)




I freaked out when my Micromx Unite 2 got invalid or null IMEI. I was angry because my android phone can’t send or receive a text message nor receive or make a call because it has no signal intercepted. It was my first time to encounter invalid or null IMEI and I want to fix it without consulting the service centre.



For the sake of my Micromax Unite 2, I looked online to fix or change invalid or null IMEI and I found out that there are many possible ways. Invalid or null IMEI can be solved using Mobileuncle Tools or MtkDroid Tools but I think not all of us can follow it. When one of my friends recommended this certain app that can be downloaded on Google Playstore for FREE, I was jubilant because it’s very easy to use and less hassle because it does not require a computer.


Before we proceed to the procedure on how to fix invalid or null IMEI, let us know first what IMEI means. According to Wikipedia, the International Mobile Station Equipment Identity or IMEI is a number usually unique, to identify 3GPP (i.e., GSM, UMTS and LTE) and iDEN mobile phones, as well as some satellite phones.

IMEI is usually printed on the battery compartment, on the receipt or warranty card, or at the box of your smartphone. We can also view our IMEI by entering “*#06#” (without quotation marks) on the dialpad or going to Settings > About Phone > Status > IMEI information.

Let us proceed now to the steps on how to fix invalid IMEI easily. What I was referring above about the application I used to easily fix invalid or null IMEI is the Chamelephon. This application is developed by Cryptotel and as I said earlier, it can be downloaded on Google Playstore. Before we can effectively use Chamelephon, our phone should have root access and should be Mediatek 65XX. By the way, Chamelephon works best on Chamelephon devices but don’t worry because if you have Mediatek 65XX device, this app will work effectively. As a matter of fact, my handset is a Mediatek 6582 device and it really solved invalid or null IMEI.




These are the things that we are going to do if our phone qualifies the prerequisite of Chamelephon.

1. Open Chamelephon HERE

2. Grant root access


3. Click Generate IMEI or manually input the original IMEI of your phone

4. It will ask for confirmation, just click “change”

5. Reboot

After the reboot, your phone should have its IMEI back.

thx to xda 

If you know other app that can solve invalid or null IMEI, feel free to drop it on the comment box below.




Micromax Unite 2 fix Invalid or Null IMEI Without PC (Root Needed) Micromax Unite 2 fix Invalid or Null IMEI Without PC (Root Needed) Reviewed by Zitu Tech on 22:05 Rating: 5

No comments